- Doctorate, (Ed.D.), Fielding Graduate University, Educational Leadership & Change, California, USA (2010)
- Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.). UCLA, Film & TV Production (terminal degree in Fine Arts) Legal History in the USA/minor). (1988).
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.), UCLA, Film & TV Production (Music Minor). (1983).
Research, Teaching, and Curriculum Development
Visit anthonycollinsfilm/teaching.com to view my work as a teacher:
- Visiting Professor, Fulbright Specialist Grant (Fall, 2022), Indus Valley School, Karachi, Pakistan. Led a Documentary Filmmaking Workshop (See workshop video: anthonycollinsfilm.com/ivs )
- Instructor, South Bay Adult School, Redondo Beach, California (2019)
- Adjunct Professor, Marymount California University (2018).
- Visiting Lecturer, TV Production & Scriptwriting. Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand. (2014-19).
- Associate Professor/Fulbright Specialist Grant. New Delhi, India (2013). Curriculum development.
- Senior Lecturer, Digital Filmmaking, Art Institutes of California, Silicon Valley (2011).
- Associate Professor, Fine Arts & Digital Filmmaking, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (2000-2010).
- Board Member & Vice Chair. Harbor Community Clinic (nonprofit 501c3), San Pedro. (2014-2019).
- Program Leader, Digital Media Arts, University of Sharjah, UAE. Established New Media Centre (2004-10).
- President & Producer, iefilm.com (nonprofit 501c3), media production (1983-present).
Film/Digital Video/Multimedia/Radio Production
- Filmmaker, Fulbright Specialist Scholar grant. Documentary filmmaking at Indus Valley School, Karachi. VIDEO
- Writer-Producer, "BYRD: The story of Adm Richard Byrd"
- Writer. A day in the life of a priest in Hyderabad, Pakistan, work in progress. (Fall, 2022).
- Project Director/Web Video Producer/Editor, Missouri Fiddlin: A Digital Archive anthonycollinsfilm.com/music (2020-present).
- Videographer. Shomali Plains, Kabul, Afghanistan. (2007).
- Producer/GrantWriter/Editor. American Business Council of Dubai, UAE (2002-08).
- Producer/Grant Writer/Editor. Philippines, educational documentary, Ford Foundation and Fulbright Senior Scholar Research Award (1997-2000). Winner: EarthVision Film Fest, Telly Award/Cornell Univ, Special Jury Award/Explorers Club-NYC, others.
GRANTS & FELLOWSHIPS
- Fellow, Henry Reed Fund for Folk Artists, Library of Congress, Missouri Fiddlin' (2022)
- Fulbright Specialist Grant, Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture, Karachi, Pakistan (Fall, 2022)
- Fulbright Specialist Grant, Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, India (2013).
- Fulbright Senior Scholar Teaching-Research Grant, American University of Central Asia, Kyrgyz Republic, postponed until 2022.
- USAid Grant for Social Development, Omani Association for the Disabled, Consultant, Muscat/Oman (2004-06).
- FORD Foundation Media Production Grants (twice), Mindanao, Philippines (1998-1999)
- Fulbright Senior Scholar Research Grant, Mindanao, Philippines (1998-1999)
- Natioinal Endowment/Humanities (NEH), California Council/Humanities (CCH), UCLA President’s Underg Fellowship (2), others.
RESEARCH, WRITING, PUBLICATIONS & AWARDS Complete list available upon request
Established New Media Center, Boosted Enrollment, Opened Lines of Communication. University adminisation wanted a topnotch facility for New Media/Fine Arts but worried that a digital facility would be too costly despite market demands. I collaborated with influential leaders, led efforts to facilitate funding, partnerships, pedagogical philosophy, and infra-structural design for the $6 million facility, the best-of-its-kind in the Middle East. Tripled program enrollment in 2 years.
Successfully Communicated and Promoted Company Mission. A non-profit 501c3 organization needed key equipment to accomplish its goals. Formed relationships with manufacturers, resulting in donations of new equipment valued at $250K.
Created Documentary Series, Winning Awards. Realized major creative work in the Philippines, SE Asia, and Arabian Gulf by receiving two Ford Foundation research grants, a Fulbright grant, and several others.
Recommendation Letters and Examples of Creative Work are Available upon Request